LCCI Economic & Business Outlook Seminar
On February 16, 2017 at 09:30AM, the LCCI Economic & Business Outlook Seminar will take place.
The Nigerian economy has continued to experience negative growth, oil price shocks, inflationary pressures and exchange rate volatility, with yet no respite in sight. Companies and other economic agents in the country are producing far below their capacities as Nigeria’s economic slump deepened with falling oil production and factory output hard hit by shortage of foreign exchange. Issues around the imminent cabinet reshuffle, persistent FOREX crises, 2017 budget analysis and the mix of monetary and fiscal policies will shape the outlook of the Nigerian economy in 2017 and beyond.
The Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) is organizing an Economic Review & Business Outlook Seminar to explore the dynamics in the recessionary and recovering Nigerian economy and strategize for the future. Discussions and presentations will be centred on:
- Global Economic Outlook in 2017: Implications for Business – World Bank Nigeria
- Economic Policy Directions in 2017: Implications for Businesses – Dr. Biodun Adedipe (CEO, BAA Consult)
- Business Strategies for competitiveness in a Recession – PriceWaterhouseCoopers
- Macroeconomic Indicators & Financial Markets Outlook – CEO, The Analyst Research Company
- Macroeconomic Outlook of 2017: Implications for Nigerian Businesses – IMF Nigeria