15 Useful Tips for SMEs Resuming Work During the Pandemic
The world over, lockdowns and restrictions are being lifted and many are returning to work and school. As a business owner, you will be wondering about the best way to open shop and open up your offices to business in the safest and most productive way. Here are a few tips for you to consider as you decide which way to go:-
- Reduce face to face meetings with clients and staff
- Institute social distancing in the workplace
- Restrict the number of visitors to the workplace
- Ask sick employees especially those with fever to stay home
- Implement remote working arrangements for some employees
- Cease all in-person operations that cannot be executed in a safe manner in line with the protocols of COVID-19.
- Provide hand washing information, sanitisers or hand-washing stations
- Increase frequency of workspace cleaning
- Arrange workspaces so that they are separated at least 1 metre or 3 feet
- Establish a system to report to the health authorities close contacts of a suspected or confirmed case among employees
- Disable recirculation of internal air for air-conditioning systems or open windows for fresh air
- Implement a food, mail and package delivery system that reduces contacts with deliveries.
- Entry to the office granted only with the wearing of masks.
- Stock disposable masks and gloves as back up for use as and when required.
- Proper waste disposal and management is critical in these times of the pandemic